The spring 2012 runways saw a major revival of 1950s fashion— one part housewife and one part rock'n'roll. The great thing about this flashback trend? You can pair '50s favorites with sportier, more modern pieces to keep the trend from looking outdated. You don't want to walk out of the house looking like you're bound for a costume party do you? Then borrow single elements of your favorite '50s outfits, like cat eye sunglasses, to elevate your look to the rockabilly babe dimension. Thursday, Friday, Happy Days!
1. Bass Saddle Oxfords, $89.00, macys.com
2. Polaroid Cat Eye Sunglasses, $60.00, zappos.com
3. Pleated Bandeau Top, $58.00, jcrew.com
4. Gold Collar Shirt, $51.60, Built by Wendy
5. Jacquard Skirt, $76.00, topshop.com
6. Two Tone Envelope Clutch, $58, Nasty Gal