Coping with winter can be tough, not only do we have to bundle up but our makeup routine can change rather drastically. Our hard earned sun-kissed glow tends to fade away leaving us with skin that’s a bit more lackluster and dry. However, we can never say goodbye to that natural glow and neither should you. Read on to learn how to achieve that summer look during the rest of the year.
1. Exfoliate: While we all know that exfoliating should only be done two to three times a week, sometimes our environment is so drying we need a bit more resurfacing. Try soaking a washcloth in warm water and lightly wash your face with it. It isn’t as drying as other exfoliants and your skin will shine.
2. Have a Good Base: If there is one thing we have learned from makeup goddess Bobbi Brown, is that moisturizing is a must. Start with a good moisturizer (we like some vitamin c in it for a radiant effect) and follow up with a primer if needed. Having a solid base will help achieve that effortlessness that comes with the summer glow.
3. Foundation: Using the right type of foundation is the key! Start with a light layer of foundation that is slightly dewy. Gals with oily skin can do this by mattifying their t-zone with either a mattifying primer or finishing powder.
4. Bronzers: Bronzers come in so many different formulas now, from liquid to powder and everything in between. Go with your favorite, just make sure the bronzer is 2 shades darker than your skin to enhance that natural beauty and blend well with your Kabuki brush.
5. Highlighters (plus bright lips!): Finish off the look by using a highlighter that gives your skin the appearance of a glow from within. Bright colored lips are not only for summer, as long as they are used with caution. Who says you can’t rock a pink lip in the winter months!
6. Self- tanners: A no brainer! If you want to keep the appearance of being out in the sun, self-tanners are now quicker and a lot less messy, plus, most won’t leave the pesky orange streaks like they used to. Try going the organic route and leave the ones with strong scents behind, it’s a telltale sign of harmful chemicals.
Bonus Tip: Drink water like you would in the summer months to keep the glow all year long. Stay hydrated!